Blogroll

Saturday, January 21, 2006

A little Something From Willy Wobbledagger

Hamlet: I do not well understand that. Will you play upon this pipe?
Guildenstern: My lord, I cannot.
Hamlet: I pray you.
Guildenstern: Believe me, I cannot.
Hamlet: I do beseech you.
Guildenstern: I know, no touch of it, my lord.
Hamlet: It is as easy as lying. Govern these ventages with your fingers andthumbs, give it breath with our mouth, and it will discourse most eloquent music. Look you, these are the stops.
Guildenstern: But these cannot I command to any utt'rance of harmony. I have not the skill.
Hamlet: Why, look you now, how unworthy a thing you make of me! Youwould play upon me; you would seem to know my stops; you would pluck out the heart of my mystery; you would sound me from my lowest note to the top of my compass; and there is much music, excellent voice, in this little organ, yet cannot you make it speak. 'Sblood, do you think I am easier to be play'd on than a pipe? Call me what instrument you will, though you canfret me, you cannot play upon me.

No comments: