Blogroll

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A little something from Zondervan

God doesn't give me grace for the future, uncertain seasons that He may grant me on earth before He takes me home. He doesn't give me grace for next year's headaches — or even next month's heartaches. He won't even loan me enough grace to face the prospects of tomorrow! God only gives me grace for today. He expects me to live this day in His strength, leaning on His wisdom, drawing on His presence and power.

We make the mistake of thinking God is always preparing us for "future ministry." We rush through the present moment too quickly in our effort to reach the next one. As a result, we don't pay sufficient attention to the immediate. Oswald Chambers has said, "Grace is for 'right now.' It is not the process toward some future goal, but an end in and of itself. If we would only realize this, then each moment would become rich with meaning and purpose."

From A Lifetime of Wisdom: Embracing the Way God Heals You
by Joni Eareckson Tada

No comments: