Blogroll

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes

The holiday time has allowed me to catch up on some of the things I have been procrastinating about doing due to the busyness with the family, inclding work on the blog.
Trying to put C to bed today I was asked "daddy, but why do I have to go to sleep." "Well," I said, in a moment of inspiration, "when you sleep you grow. You bigger and stonger and wiser when you sleep." thinking this argument had finished the conversation, i turned to to go.
"but why do we grow when we sleep."
"because God designed us that way, he designed us to grow when we rest."
a few thoughtful moments of silence follows...
"Does God sleep daddy?
"No, C. God doesnt sleep...but he has been around for a very long time. He's very big."
"And he comes to church"
"Yes"
moment of thoughtfulness...
"Mommy is big."

No comments: